Sunday 26 September 2010

Pear tart recipe (lazy and easy version)

I had very ripe pears, so decided to bake a pear tart.
I used bought sweet tart base (usually baking section, sold for £1 or less) so not having to roll and bake the base, this recipe is super easy and preparation time is only 10 minutes.
I think this can be with blueberries, apples or plums, but pear and almond combination is the best?!
Pear cut in half would make it pretty, but mine were small, so I sliced thinly.


Ingredients:
Butter 60 grams
Ground almond 70 grams
Sugar 60 grams
One medium egg
Corn starch 10 grams
2 pears
One table spoon liquor (I used cognac)
(for grazing)
15 ml water
15ml apricot or marmalade jam


1: Soften butter in room temparature
2: Mix sugar in 1 until white
3: Beat an egg and beat well
4: Mix in Ground almond
5: Mix in liquor then corn starch
6: Put this mixture cream into the pastry base evenly
7: Spread pealed and sliced pear on top of the cream and bake for 40 minutes in 175 degree oven
7: Boil the water and jam until thick and brush this on the cake surface when baked (I did it in microwave, easy!)





No comments: