Tuesday 7 September 2010

Great bands: A Hawk and Hacksaw and Family Elan

Lots of people now know Beirut.
In my case, I found Beirut simply because he was produced/found by my all time favourite band called Neutral Milk Hotel's Jeremy Barnes.
Now apart from Jeff Mangum randomly appears to play his solo and NMH tunes in USA, the youngest/newest member Jeremy Barnes is the man behind this magnificent band A Hawk and Hacksaw.
I was them twice, and both are such blast experiences!
This is one of the best videos of them performing with Serbian musicians in Wales.





If you like this Eastern gypsy music, don't forget to check out my friend Chris Hladowski who is a young talented British multi-instrument player.
His band Family Elan is supporting Islaja, Finnish female musician (a great pop/experimental label Fonal records) for Barbican music project on 15th Sep at Cafe Oto.

This is Family Elan's latest (from lovely Altvinyl label in Newcastle)
After leaving music industry, I am not buying music nowadays but I need to buy this!
I love this music so much..
Enjoy!

No comments: