Saturday 18 September 2010

Patisserie Macaron (Clapham Common) review

lovely cafe by the common

Patisserie Macaron
22 The Pavement
London 
SW4 0HY
0207 498 2636
http://www.patisserie-macaron.co.uk/

How can I ignore this lovely French cafe called my favourite sweets Macaron?
Few yards from Clapham Common tube and facing the common, this French cafe exists rather discreetly.
The good way of finding is to spot the huge ice cream sculpture outside the shop.
They bake breads, cakes and serve great coffee/teas in classy flowery cups and saucers.
You can get a lot of sunshine through their huge glass windows or sit outside looking into the park.
Today, I had big sized blueberry macaron and a latte.
The coffee was perfect brew for me (I'm a huge fan of Monmouth and Square Mile), I should have asked which coffee they used.
And the macaron!
It was heavenly! So blueberry with a slight hint of some liquor? (rum or cognac? I didn't ask..)
Teas are served in pots. They serve sandwiches and other mouth-watery cakes to make it difficult for you to make a final decision.
I just came back from a trip to Paris and Belgium. and I can't help noticing this time that London has so much good places to go and cheaper. I used to think UK is the most expensive (except some Northern Europe such as Iceland, Finland etc) in Europe, but now I guess because I somehow know where to go around London, it can be so good and cheap. (Most of the very French Bistros/Cafes I went in central Paris charge €4 for a latte (Cafe Creme).
Anyhow, Patisserie Macaron sells home-baked macaron 100g for £7 as well as serving each for £1 (£1.20 eat-in) and they have about 5-10 different flavours such as strawberry, coffee, blackberry, pistachio, caramel etc, the big one I had in the photo here is £3.4 eat in. How can anyone just have 1 small macaron?
I am planning a challenge of making my macarons soon, but if I fail...I may be going back there straight away!

Verdict (5 star being best ☆is half a star)
Food quality: ★★★★
Price:★★★★
Service:★★★★
Interior/Decor:★★★★
Menu:★★★★
Overall points:★★★★(4)

No comments: