Saturday 11 July 2009

Dreams: 11.07.2009

It's saturday, and I slept for long time after such a busy time I had for over a month. 
I'm sure I deserved this long deep sleep, and hence my dreams were amazing..
Yes. I'm still on Nic patches :)

First I remember:
I was in a sushi bar with Hiromi finishing our dinner, I had one piece left to eat when Hiromi went to the toilet and I asked for the bill to the waiter that I wanted to pay before she comes back. As I turned my head I saw my relative, Akibo there sitting and having sushi at the counter, he greets me and offers me a nice looking eel and cucumber roll.
Below the other side of the counter, there was a old wet and dirty wooden pallet and I can see a mice or two running in such a speed towards under the counter where the food was kept and I thought disgusting..

Second I remember:
I had a big argument with my family (dad, mom and brother) at home and my brother said something outrageous to me, so my head boiled over it and snapped, I took a jar or a glass in from of me on the table and with a hint of hesitation, I threw it to him and ran outside.
I was angry but knew if I was going to run away, I needed some stuff like mobile phone, wear shoes etc, so I went quickly back to my room to grab a bag and ran outside.
I somehow fear but expect my mom to try to get me, so I look back many times but can't see anyone following me. I feel relieved because I really wanted to be alone and don't want to lose my own game. (hide and seek?)
I run down to the market centre which really exists in my hometown only 5 min walk, but from there the place was new and it's now like a massive shopping centre.
I walked in to find somewhere I can hide and chill. I really wanted to be alone since I know and expect my family is in the search of me by now.
I pass a big chinese restaurant where lots of people are having post wedding dinner and is noisy. I went in to go to the toilet there, I knew the toilets are downstairs. The waiter looked at me but didn't care about me so I went down. 
There is a toilet but 2 girls are queueing and chatting that I didn't want to go there, so I keep walking deeper inside and there I see a part of gym and pool complex. I don't see anyone in there and it's very dimly lit. A guy turns up but I tell him I only want to use the toilet over there and he didn't care, so I cross a small river of pool (I was bare foot then) and walk on thinking this is the perfect place to chill and be alone.
there are many different settings of pools and saunas all quite dark. I actually find a few people hanging around like a membership only weird gay bar. (as in a Lynch film or "Donnie Darko" style)
When I notice, I was in the shopping centre and was with Natasha window shopping.
We go into a Sony interior shop, it's very cute and I adore so many things there, pop and chic colouful goods and furniture.
There appears this tall smiley guy called Andy, and he joined me for window shopping.
We chat, and before I know my family was there to take me home. Andy was a friend or relative of my family. He joins the gang of his family, a small child etc and we all walk back to home.
But I was still angry and I think I was pissed off about being found and had to go home, so I try not to walk close to my family or meet their eyes.
Place changes:
I am in London and it's very late at night and dark.
I'm on my own and on the way home (home is mixed here with London home and Japan home).
First, I ride on a open air flying object (like a ski lift) which flies so high and fast I get very scared. It flies over very dark misty forest, it's mysteriously beautiful but I'm more scared to enjoy it.
Then I am on the taxi queue (this is in Japan, real station taxi rack) and I find Marc Brown queueing too. I say hi and he says "wow we always bump into somewhere weird in weird hours!" and asks me how much it's going to cost to get home, I say about £7 but later I rethink it should be less. 
He was with a friend and they decided to talk to the taxi/bus centre in search of an alternative way of getting transport. 
I see 2-3 people waiting for a last bus at my bus stop, but I decide to wait for a taxi.
Different place now, in london:
I am somewhere north London in Muswell hill. I am waiting for a night bus.
It is drizzling and there are quite a few people waiting for busses too.
in front of us was some part construction piece of wood divider and beyond that there is a small stall where 2 Japanese guys selling their own branded clothes.
Some people waiting for a bus have a look and one old tall guy in his 60's buys a hunting cap in blue linen, same as one of the shop guys wearing.
The shop sells quite cool styled clothing range, casual sporty and chic. (Ralph Lauren style?)
I see a bus coming and it is number 55.
I ask the driver if he is going to Finchley Road station and he says yes. so I try to find the oyster card reader, then I noticed that this bus was different to any other London busses. 
Behind the driver there're some people making teas and coffees to sell, I can see the ready made ones with marker penned prices, 80p, 120p, 95p etc.
I got on and find even more weird things onboard.
It's massive inside and has such a room, like a hotel lobby. I get my iPhone out and take some photos of inside the bus. I walk around and I even find a big kitchen where catering can be offered for the passengers. The kitchen was closed and I see its metallic cold blue air.
the bus number 55 was running on Finchley Road but takes a detour into a small town with lots of green surroundings. It's almost like a forgotten small village, but the green part was so big just like a peaceful drawing of Jehovah's witness leaflets.
It was actually a cemetery and the green was wet with rain, and was shone with somehow so many street lights in white.
I quickly think this IS the place I want to do the photoshoots. A perfect green and setting. So I remember the way to get here and think  "I don't have to go up to Scotland or outside London for the shoot!" (because I am planning to go on a shoot trip with Natasha in a car)
I even had a temptation of getting off right there to shoot but I didn't have my camera.
the bus now joins back to the big Finchley road to take me home.
The cemetery green world was another world's away compared to the usual weekend late night scene in London and it made me think it was a beautiful dream just for 5 minutes before reality hit back.

I had one more dream before waking, about my parents.
I completely understand most of the parts why I dream.
I am away from "home" in Japan and think and worry about my family so much they are always in my dreams. for this last one I was trying to make my newly retired dad who seems lost and depressed about his new life, feel good by making changes in their bedroom, cooking and walking. I had just emailed them how I would enjoy every single new thing my dad could never do if he was working.
And more scarilly, I see now my dreams reflect what and how I am to my family and what I am doing in my real life in general.
I am always trying to "get away" in search of more comfortable place and not facing the real life problems and things to tackle. That's why I am always running away from something or something is after me and I am always feeling uneasy and worried, but I enjoy something I encounter during my "running away" like I was staring at the wet green shiny cemetery from a bus window. 
I think I am a passenger in my own life watching the scenery go by.


No comments: