Sunday 26 July 2009

Dreams: 26.07.2009

I love dreaming with nicotine patch vivid affect so much, but sometimes this is very tiring and need to shut down when I sleep (on a weekday normally) so I started to take off before going to bed (I'm on 24 hour patch) but I was wearing one this morning since I was drunk last night and wasn't aware..
Hence I had amazing vivid, scary dreams again, 2nd one is almost like a proper prologue of a horror film (a bit cheap kind though to my liking like "Hostel" style)

First dream;

I was back in Japan, and as we normally do, my mom and I were in a shopping centre, she wants to spoil me and buy something I like. We are buying a bag or scarf (I don't remember) and at the till, she is greeting with a saleswoman and says "This is my daughter, lives in London" and she adds some remark which is her worry, so for myself too "She's not married yet.." or something like that, then I took it too personal and got very angry. We were talking in Japanese, but I started shouting in English to her half-conscious that she would understand (she understands English pretty well) "what does that mean?! Just because I'm not married and have no kids or house, I'm not intentionally doing it, so don't make it sound like I'm incomplete as a human!!"
Then I ran off into shopping centre's backdoor.
Place changes and now I have just arrived in Japan, but at the goods loading area of the big shopping centre Takashimaya, we have our exclusive storage and VIP customer service, there is a door with our name Ishikawa. We are taking my big suitcase but my mom asks me to take all the stuff inside into some bag to take home but not the suitcase. I say "no I need the suitcase at home so I know how much stuff I can pack to go home-London- when I go".
I was opening the suitcase, at this time my usual big normal suitcase turned into a big hard shell white guitar case which I thought was cool.
Place changes again, me and my mom are half running because my dad has come to pick us up from the airport, this time he came to different junction (like motorway junction) and waiting for us.
It's late at night and only light was from the moon, there is the sea on the left side, and right side was forest-like nature with a motorway running across.
We were running on a wet asphalt but because of the darkness and moonlight, it looks like an ice shone in blue, very beautiful.
I say this to my mom and we slow down to see the scenery a little bit.
My dad joins us and suddenly it was daytime and other people around too.
We stopped by the shore and I see, yellowy white fat snake coiled up on a piece of wood, my dad says "Look, it's swallowing something" we see something has just been eaten by it, a rather big belly part was moving downward, I imagine the prey being a rascal or a beaver...
The I see yellow tropical fish almost walking on the shore, followed by shiny blue hairtail fish "running" after it. I go to the other side towards the dry field where I see some other animals.
I take my camera and shoot away. The way I take photos is exactly how I do and sometimes struggle with flash being on and off, frame size and macro settings, weird.. this was very realistic!


Second dream:
I and my mom are on holiday somewhere and in a massive complex of shopping/restaurants/amusement, we are in a food court and queueing to pay. It's very busy.
My mom couldn't wait long and went for "Men" section of till exit and found a table where she wasn't allowed to enter from that side. She doesn't care but happy to find a table, I follow her and do the same, so did 2 other women. A waitress finds us and get very angry and told us off, but we ignore her.
As we started eating, some security with the waitress came and took the numbers we somehow wore on our shirts, and told us to come to see the manager later.
We discuss this and still think it's not a bog deal since other people are sitting in the area with no problem.
But we (me, my mom, skinny bubbly blonde girl and cute pale smiley girl) decided to go as told and walking out from the food court, but my mom had just bought us drinks on a tray, so I grab one to drink now whole one of the girls is buying a cake by the entrance/exit door, the cakes look amazing and I think I should come back here later.
The drink I took was milkshake with some Oreo crunches and was very nice. I let my mom try.
We go outside the complex.
The cute girl has disappeared or coming later. We are 3 now, as we walk following the skinny girl as she seems to know the area very well.
We were talking about how ridiculous to be called on such a small thing and I say "They can't blame us on going through "Men"s exit, if that's what we are blamed for, it's totally sexist!", as we walk I ask her name and she says her name which sounded like Polish, and I thought she was Polish, but she mumbled and seemed to decided now and says her name was Julia, English version of her name to make it easier to pronounce.
We pass by a row of many stalls in market square and she goes into one opening the shutter of the stall "This is what I do". It was a shop selling guitars and all over the wall was wooden number plates for cars lots of them were in Japanese. We go into the stall and look at those hand carved plates. I find one which bears the area where my friend lives, Shimizu city, Shizuoka plate.
We go out and onto the big square where I started to recognize the area, thought it was near London Bridge. There is a street with old fashioned very European style houses/buildings.
Julia points that street and tells us "that red building is the head office of the complex".
We walk on the street, it was very ghetto and see many various people walking, some beggers, some dressed in weird clothes like a folk parade.
I, also notice that was dressed in traditional German warrior costume with a sword and a long bread knife in my hand. (!)
I notice 2 German old guys in striped (prisoner style) ragged clothes were behind my mom and as I was going to warn her of them, she notices too and says "go away!" to them, they were laughing and took her wallet from her jacket pocket.
I made sure it was hers, a pink nylon one I know she has quite a lot of cash inside when being on holiday, I somewhat feel ashamed of her lack of security scare (*Japan is a safe country!), and I took 2 knives into a cross and took a fighting fit towards them.
Knowing them somehow that they are German, I worried a bit that I look so ridiculous in German warrior costume, this may anger them, but I managed to pick that wallet off them and throw it towards my mom and Julia, who picked up safely and are watching me worriedly.
They started running after me, so I ran. now I am very scared, I don't feel safe at all with lots of people around in the broad day light because it's such a ghetto anything can happen and can't trust any random people here.
I run into one red building where Julia said was the head office of the complex, there were few doors and didn't knownwhich one but having no time, I pick one where it had a sign "Strange Air Group" in Japanese(!). I go through several doors until I find one room I decided to hide. The room was like a hotel room with clean bedroom, I try to lock the door, but struggle to do it since the locking system was strange. I think about going down the window to escape if they find my way soon.
A bit of a gap here, when I realized, I'm trying to enter different red door this time.
This one had a high gap between the building entrance to the main door, I suspect this is because of the flood scare, there was a canal by it to make me think of Amsterdam.
I climb up with no effort and go up the staircase, several random doors after, I ran into a room where about 10 women all in the middle of making their hair/make-up supervised by one lady like a hair dressing class. I say ti this lady "I'm very sorry to bother you this way, but someone is trying to attack me and I need to...hide! please!" and I run inside one of the women's white long cape feeling terrified..
Few seconds pass, and it's hot inside the cape. The teacher lady touches me and tells me there is noone to find me here, so I come out little bit sheepishly, and I walk towards the window to see if I can see the guys are there.
All the women are looking with curiosity in silence, they were harmless but belong to completely different world that I can't relate, ask for help or trust.
The scene I saw from the window.., there was a courtyard there and many people are walking about, chatting etc, no sight of those 2 guys chasing me, but there are 2 big old oil drums under the fire, and inside the drums seem like a manure from animals or human.. and I can see few people were thrown inside and floundering and suffering. (a bit like the final scene from "Salo -120 dys of sodom-" by Pasolini, my most feared film ever).
When I noticed, I was greeted with an old scruffy grey haired guy next to me while all the women look on, he came from the next door I didn't noticed when I entered, contrary to the clean white room with women dressing up, this door and the room I could see was all dirty and dark, cold toolbox kind of place. He was wearing a dirt/metal stained thick apron and smiling at me in a pure friendly way but had one eye completely broken and wounded in a bad way.
He says "I was expecting you"
I somehow don't feel so scared, and somewhat felt he wasn't evil or harmful despite the look and what I saw outside the window.
That when I woke up...

*note
Images are not mine but from google image, I had such clear imagery of dream scenery and people, objects that I want to visualize so I tried to add what's closest to what I saw here..
I guess, I do photography because I am forever trying to recapture my mental images.
And mental images that we all have are such a deep mystery treasure of the self (with or without the "meaning" of dreams, I don't anylize it but purely to enjoy and be amazed) these dreams I am having really made me think the depthless infinity visions one of us own!
It's truly amazing to be able to "see" and "experience" the unknown films your own head is showing while sleep..
It's an ultimate film pleasure of the most unique and original kind.



No comments: