Thursday 30 July 2009

Dreams: 27.07.2009


It took me 4 days to actually write this blog since I dreamt, so it's faint now, but it was pretty amazing I had to put down here.
It must be actually boring to just "read" dreams (someone else's too!) here, and I always feel quite ashamed that I can't express enough the amazing visionaries.
This is no exception..

I was at home in Japan (as always in my dreams), and in the evening, our house somehow had this massive glass windows where we are watching the stars move.
They were moving in time lapse, the sky is moving so fast like 100 times faster that we can experience the whole night clear sky/stars movement in an hour.
I was dazzled with its beauty and completely tranced out with this while other people around me were rather not touched as if they see this every night. There were shooting stars too every few seconds.
I am filming this with my iPhone and other camera.
It looked almost exactly like this, (totally amazing clip I was introduced by my friend Manjeev, thanks!)

Some point, I am watching what I shot, somehow this was commissioned to broadcast in Japan, but all I see was shots of some Japanese band members (Diamond Yukai, The Privates were there) and I'm wondering what happened to the film and at the same time I'm professionally ashamed of my technique and quality of film I produced and worrying about the reaction of viewers and clients.

That was that. I have once seen a sky like this, full milky way and many shooting stars, in Tokushima, Japan 15 years ago, me and friends were lying on the road and counting shooting stars and we didn't know what we were watching, milky way! because we couldn't believe they were all stars together which made up to make such a big strip of line and such bright thing! I thought it was a thick cloud. But the one I saw in my dream was more beautiful especially it was time lapsed.
I like "visions" that we can "see" wether in photography or dreams, films because it can portray little bit beyond what human bare eye can capture. (Although I have to note that our eyes are superior to camera lens in a literal sense.)


No comments: