Sunday 22 August 2010

Green Pesto recipe

I started growing some vegetables and herbs in my balcony this summer.
Thanks for the "proper" summer sun in this June/July, they all grew really well (then stopped growing or extremely slow since August..), so far I have Sweet Basil, Red and Yellow peppers, Cherry tomatoes, Japanese basil family Shiso (my favourite herb! which I'm determined to contribute some recipe/idea here soon), Chili and Mint.
Having seen a easy recipe on my friend's recipe book (Italian recipe by Harumi Kurihara), I stripped naked my basils and made my own green pesto.

To be honest, I made it without any precise recipe, but roughly to make a small amount (about 4 servings)
1-2 package of basil or medium whole basil plant 
8-12grams of pine nuts
5-8 table spoons of extra virgin oil
1 clove of garlic 
sprinkle of sea salt


grind all ingredients in a food processor or grinder until smooth.
Voila! that's it, all in 2 min.
You can add Parmesan cheese if you like, but I prefer vegan version simply it last longer and I can sprinkle it when I eat.
looks like this 





It's SO good that you will never have to/want to buy one from supermarkets.
I personally like to have it with some seafood in Fussili pasta.


Today's lunch :)
with Japanese soy-marinated scallops and mozzarella cheese
 Bon Appetit!


No comments: