Sunday 3 October 2010

Dreams: 03.10.2010

I must have been having temperature when I dreamt this.. (I've been having mild fever and sore throat)
It was very vivid, scary and at the same time strangely beautiful. (just like dreams on nicotine patches!)
catfish (in Japanese old drawing) we say they can predict earthquakes, but here this picture shows in Edo period had a folklore a giant catfish is causing an earthquake so people are trying to calm it.

I was somehow staying in a very expensive hotel in London, right next to Westminster abbey, I woke from the bed and noticed that there were some people next door chatting and moving about, it turns out there was no door to divide the rooms, so I could see this posh family packing up in the next room.
They were middle aged couple with 2 young sons, they spoke very British and were like from middle class family.
As I was in the rare opportunity to be staying in a nice hotel, I thought about taking a good bath before leaving, but the bathrooms were shared with this next room and some more maybe, I could only see 4 shower rooms with white curtains, no much privacy more like a gym shower room, so I gave up the plan and go back to my room.
It was still night time, very dark, and I could see a huge Big Ben from the window. "How London!" I gasped, this was the closest you could get to view the Big Ben.. I try to stare at the scene.
The Big Ben was illuminated in the night lake/pond underneath it, and it was so beautiful I took my camera to take some shots, knowing this would be a masterpiece images.
One of the sons from next room comes into my room and I tell him how beautiful it is the scenery from the window. He agrees and watches with me while I get ready to shoot some pictures.
There was even a illuminated cherry blossom tree by the lake/pond which made the scene extraordinary like in a dream cinematography. I could still picture this scene by heart, it was stunning night scene.
I look at the camera screen and notice something is moving there, I noticed I was not looking at the image I took but the actual scene through the finder. I look at the water surface and there were many massive cat-fish like creatures slowly moving around. Sometimes this slimy creature would come out from the water with sharp threatening movements. When my eyes get used to the dark, I see the water was full of them moving around in a circle like a sinister ritual.
end of this dream...

Is that because of my temperature?  or is that because I am reading Kenji Miyazawa's stories before bedtime? He was a country literal who loved the nature and wrote many stories for kids but often quite dark with folklore involving animals. I strongly recommend his literatures/poems if you're interested in nature and folklore. His style is very romantic yet embraces harsh reality of incomprehensible relationship between nature and human.
Amazon has some good valued books in English here.
I a watching "Grizzly Man" by Herzog now and then will be continuing to read Kenji's short stories, so I'll see what dreams I will be watching :)
 (hopefully not get eaten by a bear..)

No comments: