Thursday 7 October 2010

Music to check out: Paul Metzger/Bo Ningen

Paul Metzger

I just found his music online, Paul Metzger is his name.
He's an experimentalist in string instruments for truly the experimental sake.
I will sadly miss his show on Cafe Oto on 22nd October, but if anyone's around, it should blow your mind. Go!
Here are some extracts of his music. (from 2008 Locust release "Deliverance")





Bo Ningen

Also what I'm interested in music now, a new band called Bo Ningen, a Japanese band formed and based in London. They're living Can-like band and sounds very crazy, eye/mind grabbing noise/psych. They are playing in UK a lot, and I will finally catch them this Satday at Cafe Oto, only £3, don't miss out!
My beloved Ricoh camera is broken and has just started his journey to Japan to be hopefully repaired there, so I may not be able to take any photos but may write a review here soon.
They are going to be (sadly for me to use this phrase..) "the next thing" after following the same/similar footsteps of Melt Bananas, Acid Mothers Temple, Boris etc, I will check with my own eyes/feels, but I felt it when I saw a few seconds clip of their introduction on French cultural golden time TV show this Sep in Paris.






No comments: