Sunday 14 February 2010

Outsider's Art: Museum of Everything

This was my 7th time of visiting my favourite gallery in London.
Museum of Everything.
I love the space, I love the art, I love the people who comes and works there.
I love the tearoom where there is no price but pay your donation on receiving a lovely cuppa in cute cup and saucer, sometimes with finger biscuits.
I found out so many great artists I came to love and dig here.
One of my favourite being
Hiroyuki Doi's detailed endless circle drawing. (This is a different version of the one from the gallery)He seems still active in Tokyo, though his website stopped updating since 2007, if so, I want to visit his gallery/studio in Tokyo when I'm over in April.

Also I loved is when I went to see one of the film night on Sunday there about the French painter Seraphine Louis, a film released in 2009 which won many awards.
I was one lucky soul to view this there prior to the UK release and even though we were sitting on a hard small bench for 2 hours, I was completely intrigued by its genuine and innocent woman's pure soul and passion. I think I cried a little.

Also, a Swiss artist called Aloïse Corbaz is a total surreal candy for your eyes experience, the link here gives you what I mean on Google Image.
So imaginary, fantasy yet somehting is so dangerously disturbing and not real. This "can only be in a dream" feel.
I would really like to see a film about her made in 1974 but I have not had the luck to find it yet.

These artists, so-called Outsider's art, can't stop grabbing my sense because, untrained, isolated from society (for mostly being naive) they hold the power to behold what's inside the unspoiled mind, so purely so painfully. Something we all forgotten to feel "this" and "that" controlled by what we are supposed to feel/view/think in modern moral world.

No comments: